FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
My car doesn’t steer correctly
First, by design there is a little skill involved. Depending on which model you have you may need to put a little pressure on. Also, try putting a second finger on the back until you get the hang of it. Believe it or not some of us adults have a hard time steering them, but kids rarely do. Weird!
My bumper broke
This may happen with some early car… mainly the X1. We are finding that the pins were being compromised when bonded on about 5% of cars. This has been fixed, so contact us at email@example.com, and we will get it replaced. At Modarri we will not hide our little hiccups, but we will do our best to fix them. Modarri cars are meant to last. Even if they break, they are pretty much always easily fixable. NO MORE THROW AWAY TOYS!
How can I order spare parts?
You can buy spare parts and accessories in the Shop →
Where can I get a Modarri Car outside of the US?
We are working on our shipping, so try to buy it at our store, and see what the cost of shipping would be. If it is too expensive try Fatbrain toys. They seem to have the international shipping thing dialed pretty good. Also, in 2015 we will have a much larger international network of distributors including Australia, Germanic states, Singapore, Canada, South Africa and England. We will pass these international contacts on as we get them in order.
Modarri cars in Canada
Canadian customers: see Borgfeldt Canada to find out where to buy Modarri cars in Canada.
Modarri cars in Europe
European customers: see Jochen Heil folkmanis-and-more.de to find out where to buy Modarri cars in Europe.
My Car Broke
At Modarri we will not hide our hiccups, but we will do our best to fix them. Modarri cars are meant to last. Even if they break, they are pretty much always easily fixable. NO MORE THROW AWAY TOYS! If you have an issue check the rest of the FAQs, then if you are not able to fix it, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you happen to be near Santa Cruz, CA… come on by and we will tune your cars or help in whatever way we can.
By the way, we have found trouble shooting the cars to be an incredible learning experience for kids.
My car will not go backwards and the wheels rub on the fenders
- Make sure the Suspension is fully clicked in to the chassis.
- Try pulling the suspension off, pulling the wheels off, re-attaching the wheels (make sure they are straight), then re-attach the wheels. Tighten the wheels all the way down. There should not be any wiggle in the area where the bearing meets the wheel.
- When you re-attach the suspension make sure the steering rack is not pinched between the chassis and the suspension
- Try to push the frame down to engage the frame teeth in the chassis slots. This pushes the fender away from the wheels a little bit
- If these things don’t work…worry not. Contact us at email@example.com, and we will help you out.
How do I register my license plate?
To register your unique Modarri license plate login or create an new account →
Once you are logged in, you can register a new license plate or view your plates and cars in your Garage
How can I replace my screwdriver?
- You can buy one in our store for pretty cheap
- You can simply get a 2mm allen wrench
How do I attach a Wheel
- The best way is to turn the screw left until you feel a slight click. Then turn the screw right until the wheel doesn’t slide back and forth on the screw or bearing
- Make sure the screw is straight
- If you are having a hard time, take the suspension out and do it with the suspension not on the car